OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
As a company in the air purification industry and whose products are used in thousands of medical institutions and homes around the world, we take the millions of lives of the public with the utmost of importance. We are committed to delivering to you, the highest quality, and manufacturing excellence. Our filtration systems go through rigorous testing and standards and all tests are conducted and certified by independent third-party laboratories.
VIRUS, BACTERIA & MOLD CONTROL
Airpura air purifiers have been used by hospitals and homes around the world as part of their protocol for microorganism containment for the past two decades.
Our products are part of a preventative number of measures that can be done to protect yourself from viruses, bacteria, and mold.
The test results that were performed on our UV air purifiers (the UV600 and the P600) conducted by Dr. Wladyslaw Kowalski, Aerobiological Engineering, LLC, 2015 on behalf of Airpura attest to the air purifier's efficacy at removing some of the world's most deadliest and contagious airborne viruses, bacteria and mold.
AIRBORNE & AEROSOLIZED VIRUSES
For the past two decades, Airpura air purifiers have been used in medical environments to abate particles that are being aerosolized through various medical procedures. Aerosolization may cause COVID-19 particles to become airborne.
Airborne transmission may happen, as has been shown with other viral respiratory diseases, during aerosol-generating procedures (e.g., tracheal intubation, bronchoscopy), thus WHO recommends airborne precautions for medical workers during these procedures. Over the past few years, COVID-19 represents the 5th pathogen where hospitals have employed the same air safety protocol as they have used previously in the treatment of SARS.
WHO SPECIFICALLY RECOMMENDS THE USE OF INDOOR AIR PURIFIERS WITH HEPA FILTERS FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF SEVERE ACUTE RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS (SARI) TREATMENT SETTINGS.
A recent study concluded that the circumferential air outflow design of the Airpura air purifiers make them less likely than air purifiers with vertical exhausts to disperse droplets from coughing or sneezing throughout the air. This unique air outflow process of our air purifiers reduces the potential of one infected person causing an infection cluster
Pathogen-bearing droplets of all sizes can travel 23 to 27 feet. Droplets that settle along the trajectory can contaminate surfaces. Residues or droplet nuclei may stay suspended in the air for hours.
Turbulent Gas Clouds and Respiratory Pathogen Emissions
Potential Implications for Reducing Transmission of COVID-19
Journal of the American Medical Association
Lydia Bourouiba, associate professor at MIT
March 26, 2020
“SARS‐CoV‐2 remained viable in aerosols throughout the duration of our experiment (3 hours), with a reduction in infectious titer from 103.5 to 102.7 TCID50 per liter of air.”
New England Journal of Medicine published on March 17, 2020
A HEPA FILTER THAT REMOVES 100% AEROSOL PARTICLES AS SMALL AS 0.01 MICRONIn studies conducted by McGill University, it was confirmed that the material used in Airpura's HEPA filters showed close to 100 % aerosol particle removal efficiency for nanoparticles. These particles are as small as 0.01 micron (10 nm)!
THE AIRPURA TECHNOLOGY- Pressure seal: Airpura's unique pressure seal on the filter chamber ensures that all of the dirty air passes through the filters. Other systems allow leakage and do not achieve the 99.97 % Hepa filtration rating
- Maximize filtration with no rubber off-gassing found with other filters and using a felt gaskets seal the filter chamber.
- No plastic vapors are emitted due to our all-metal housing
- Backward curved motorized impeller eliminates the vibrations and noise associated with older motor and shaft setups
- Motor out of the airflow. Most air purifiers blow the clean air over the motor and pick up fresh impurities
- Unimpeded airflow simple and direct internal airflow avoids the air turbulence, inefficiency, and noise associated with more convoluted systems
- Separate electrical parts chamber prevents any off-gassing from capacitors, condensers or switches
- Softer appearance and 360-degree air intake and distribution due to a perforated steel exterior
- Separately changeable filters. The HEPA and carbon filters can be changed separately so you only change them when appropriate and save operating costs.