If you or anyone in your home is a smoker, you may repeatedly ask, "How to eliminate smoke in your home?" And it's not just cigarette smoke, you're still faced with the issue of secondhand smoke and cooking smoke. These are the number one cancer killers in your house. Other health problems smoke may cause are asthma attacks, allergies and emphysema.
In an attempt to reduce the amount of tobacco smoke in your home, an air purifier the most effective device to help you fight against not only smoke and smell but, ideally, any contaminants of your indoor air quality.
If you have a question like, "Do the air purifiers help with smoke?" Please read our article.
What's wrong with Smoking?
Tobacco smoke is made up of gaseous poisonous substances known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These bad things are dangerous and cause a wide range of health problems for both adults and children. The study found that one in every two smokers died of smoking-related illnesses.
Here are very few examples of how bad smoking is for your health.
For blood circulation:
Tar poisons in your cigarettes can increase your blood pressure and heart rate. Also, with many toxic chemical compounds in smoke, smoking can reduce the amount of oxygen in your arteries. For less oxygen, you can have a heart attack.
For the brain:
Smoking is more likely to cause you a stroke. The most serious health issues are brain injury and death.
For the Lungs:
Smoking is the worst killer in the lungs. Beginning with coughing , wheezing, and asthma attacks, smoking can cause fatal diseases such as emphysema and lung cancer.
For the Skin:
Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen on your skin. This ensures that the skin ages quicker and looks dark and tired when you smoke.
For Oral Health:
Smoking induces bad smell of breath and stained teeth to the mouth. Even, if you continue to smoke, it will harm your sense of taste and cause cancer.
Can't any of these above facts make you quit smoking? You should at least worry about your children or other members of your family. If you can't (we don't judge you), you can use an air purifier to help minimize the smoke and, as a result, give your family clean air back.
Do air purifiers help fight against smoke?
To deal with smoking, the air purifier must eliminate both the airborne particles that can form visible smoking and the small particles in the odors. The air purifier can help combat smoke ONLY if it has the following two parts:
A true HEPA filter system that eliminates 99.97 percent of the particles down to 0.3 microns. This includes a lot of pollutant particles in visible smoke. While efficient, not all True HEPA filters on the market can be effective against VOCs or toxic gases.
An alternative is the Activated Carbon Filter that absorbs the scent of smoke. It can also eliminate VOCs and toxic gasses without any problems.
Here are some points you should remember when using a smoke purifier:
- Pre-filter and medium-sized filters can help to reduce the significant portion of smoke toxic compounds. These filters are normally washable, helping to increase the life of your True HEPA filter.
- True HEPA filter is accredited to trap 99.97 percent of pollutant particles as small as 0.3 microns. If the filter does not meet this requirement (being HEPA-type or HEPA-like filter), it would not be able to help you with some VOCs or small bacteria.
- The activated carbon filter is a specialized filter made up of a different form of activated carbon (charcoal). With these ultra-fine pores, this filter can absorb the gaseous cigarette smoke. This absorption is the adhesion of molecules that turn the gas state into a solid surface. When adsorbed, the scent of smoke dissipates as it is not released out into the air.
- UV Light filters, however useful they may be to destroy viruses and bacteria, are not effective against any of the harmful compounds in tobacco smoke.
- Ionizer works well as a True HEPA filter to reduce pollutant particles, with the technology to emit a wave of negatively charged ions into the air. These ions can cause pollutant particles to fall on surrounding surfaces. However, you must check whether or not your ionizer creates a high level of ozone because ozone is one of the causes of an asthma attack.
One of the best ways to save your health is to have an air purifier in your home. Don't hesitate to invest in one, by looking at the best air purifiers on the market. We, at HealthyBreeze, are going to help you in this mission.
Our friendly and helpful customer service team is always just a phone call, email or quick chat away if you need assistance choosing the correct air purifier for your space and needs.
At HealthyBreeze, we offer you the best air purifier you can find, from a low-cost alternative to medical-grade air purifiers. To help everyone improve their lives, we're going to offer the most reliable purifiers you can invest in without hesitation.